Jack Nicklaus, Golf Course Designer
Facts & Figures
- Opened May, 1994
- 18 holes - Par 72
- 7,091 yards from the tournament markers
- Seven holes on the ocean (5, 6, 7, 8, 16, 17, 18)
Awards & Accolades
- "Top 100 Courses in the World" - Golf Magazine 1995 - Present (#97 - 2013/2014)
- "Top 100 Golf Courses"- World List - Golf Course Architecture (#88 - 2013)
- "Top 100 Golf Courses of the World" - Golf World UK (#72 - 2013)
- "Planet Golf World 100" - Planet Golf (#77 - 2013)
- "Best 100 Courses Outside The United States" Golf Digest, 2003 - Present (#54 - 2012/2013)
- "Best Courses In México" - Golf Digest, GOLF Magazine
- "The three finest finishing holes in all of golf"
- Jack Nicklaus
- "The best piece of golf property I've ever seen"
- Jack Nicklaus
- "This was my chance to design a Pebble Beach"
- Jack Nicklaus
- The 5th & signature 17th holes ranked among "The 500 Best Holes in the World" - GOLF Magazine, January 2000
- "Top 10 Desert Courses in the World" - The Golfer, 2001 · "Nicklaus' best work...could be Cabo del Sol" - Golf World, January 1993
- "Nicklaus sculpted each hole with the inspiration of a Rodin" - The Golfer, Yearbook 1995
- "Cabo del Sol...justifies all of its anticipated accolades" - FORE Magazine, Sept./Oct. 1994
- "Best New Golf Course" - 1994 - Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report
- "Top 10 Public Golf Courses" - Golf Digest's readers poll, May 1998 Trivia
- Course record held by:
Alejandro Quiroz, September 7, 2001, Score: 62
Raphael Alarcon, September 8, 2001, Score: 62 (From the black tees)
- Site of 1995 SENIOR PGA TOUR Senior Slam, televised event
- 1996 Shell Wonderful World of Golf match featuring Jack Nicklaus and Lee Trevino
- Site of the Taylor-Made International Pro-Am from 1996 - 2001 & 2012, 2013
- Site of the 1996 and 1997 California Toyota Team Championships
- Site of 1998 SENIOR PGA TOUR Senior Slam, televised event
- A 40,000 square foot facility that fuses the perfect blend of colonial and traditional architecture with modern amenities to create a distinctive Mexican design.
- Fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere with indoor and outdoor dining.
- Full service snack-bar.
- Men's and women's lounges, private shower, dressing rooms, vanity areas and lockers.
- Private meeting & social events facilities.
- 1,900 square feet of retail space.
- The Golf Shop stocks an unmatched collection of leading golf and resort fashions.
- Features the latest in golf accessories and equipment.
- On course beverage carts
- Box lunches
- Club storage
- Tournament operations and organization
Practice Facilities & Green
The Ocean Course has a state of the art practice facility in addition to a practice putting and chipping green. Hourly Rate: $11.00 + 10% tax p/p (included in guest fees)
Taylor Made - $65.00 including IVA ($45.00 - Twilight)
Golf Instruction Available
Lessons are available from our certified PGA Professionals Contact our Golf Shop at : 866-231-4677 (U.S. Toll Free)
Appropriate golf attire is required at all times No swimwear, denim, cutoffs, halter or tank tops