Jack Nicklaus, Golf Course Designer
Facts & Figures
- Opened May, 1994
- 18 holes - Par 72
- 7,091 yards from the tournament markers
- Seven holes on the ocean (5, 6, 7, 8, 16, 17, 18)
Awards & Accolades
- "Top 100 Courses in the World" - Golf Magazine 1995 - Present (#97 - 2013/2014)
- "Top 100 Golf Courses"- World List - Golf Course Architecture (#88 - 2013)
- "Top 100 Golf Courses of the World" - Golf World UK (#72 - 2013)
- "Planet Golf World 100" - Planet Golf (#77 - 2013)
- "Best 100 Courses Outside The United States" Golf Digest, 2003 - Present (#54 - 2012/2013)
- "Best Courses In México" - Golf Digest, GOLF Magazine
- "The three finest finishing holes in all of golf"
- Jack Nicklaus
- "The best piece of golf property I've ever seen"
- Jack Nicklaus
- "This was my chance to design a Pebble Beach"
- Jack Nicklaus
- The 5th & signature 17th holes ranked among "The 500 Best Holes in the World" - GOLF Magazine, January 2000
- "Top 10 Desert Courses in the World" - The Golfer, 2001 · "Nicklaus' best work...could be Cabo del Sol" - Golf World, January 1993
- "Nicklaus sculpted each hole with the inspiration of a Rodin" - The Golfer, Yearbook 1995
- "Cabo del Sol...justifies all of its anticipated accolades" - FORE Magazine, Sept./Oct. 1994
- "Best New Golf Course" - 1994 - Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report
- "Top 10 Public Golf Courses" - Golf Digest's readers poll, May 1998 Trivia
- Course record held by:
Alejandro Quiroz, September 7, 2001, Score: 62
Raphael Alarcon, September 8, 2001, Score: 62 (From the black tees)
- Site of 1995 SENIOR PGA TOUR Senior Slam, televised event
- 1996 Shell Wonderful World of Golf match featuring Jack Nicklaus and Lee Trevino
- Site of the Taylor-Made International Pro-Am from 1996 - 2001 & 2012, 2013
- Site of the 1996 and 1997 California Toyota Team Championships
- Site of 1998 SENIOR PGA TOUR Senior Slam, televised event
- A 40,000 square foot facility that fuses the perfect blend of colonial and traditional architecture with modern amenities to create a distinctive Mexican design.
- Fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere with indoor and outdoor dining.
- Full service snack-bar.
- Men's and women's lounges, private shower, dressing rooms, vanity areas and lockers.
- Private meeting & social events facilities.
- 1,900 square feet of retail space.
- The Golf Shop stocks an unmatched collection of leading golf and resort fashions.
- Features the latest in golf accessories and equipment.
- On course beverage carts
- Box lunches
- Club storage
- Tournament operations and organization
Cabo del Sol welcomes guests wishing to work on their games to utilize our practice facilities that include expansive practice tee, target greens featuring authentic bunkering along with a pair of putting greens.
30 minutes: $8.00 USD
1 Hour: $12.00 USD
Daily Rate: $25.00 USD
*Rates include taxes. Practice privileges are included with guest fee for both Desert & Ocean courses.
Taylor Made - $69.00 including IVA ($49.00 - Twilight)
Golf Instruction Available
Lessons are available from our certified PGA Professionals Contact our Golf Shop at : 866-231-4677 (U.S. Toll Free)
Appropriate golf attire is required at all times No swimwear, denim, cutoffs, halter or tank tops